Thursday, February 14, 2013

Finally! I announce the winners!

Hi all!

Today is the day for me to announce the winners to the Paying Forward Awards and January's Word Master Challenge.

Before I get to it, though, some admin. I know that my absence this month made things a bit difficult, so I want to use this opportunity to ask for February's prize sponsors to please step forward. The arrangement is the same as before. You can volunteer anything you feel comfortable with volunteering. In return, you'll be linked to on my blog and I can and will help with promoting your blog/book etc. If you're interested, please contact me at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com to volunteer and if you have any questions. Please put "Paying Forward" as your topic. Thank you in advance!

And now, to the winners. After a long time wondering about how I'd divide the Paying Forward Awards, I thought I'd do it as follows:

I'm going to announce the first and second place winners for each category. They need to contact me ASAP at mishagericke(AT)gmail(DOT)com to claim prizes. Topic line: "I came first/second." The way I will distribute the prizes are as follows: First prizes, First comers. So if by this time next week, the first prize winners didn't claim, I will be giving away the prizes on a first come-first serve basis. The winners are:

Most Encouraging Blogger: 


Best Reviewer: 


Best Writing/Inspirational Blogger: 


Beginner/Small Blogger with Most Potential:


Congratulations!

Before I go, I want to announce the best of the worst for Word Master Challenge January. For those of you who missed it, I mean that I'm announcing three Word Masters.



Sharing Second place are: Roland and Carter with two really hilariously bad entries.
In First Place (winning a ten chapter crit) by a small margin is August. His entry was insanely bad and funny, but is only for adult readers, so be warned.

Before I go, I want to say that the overall level of the entries were really good. So much so that I couldn't do a top five as planned because fourth place was tied between five people. Thank you very much to all who entered.

If you want to kick yourself for not entering, hold off for a minute. February's topic is announced, so check it out. If you don't enter this time, though, feel free to kick away. ;-)

There you have it, folks! Who's in for WMC Feb? Who's volunteering for the Paying Forward awards? (Don't forget to mail me too. I have to be able to contact you later.) Any suggestions for Paying Forward Award Categories?

25 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm honoured to be a winner - there were some wonderful bloggers nominated. Thank you to everyone who voted for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I won! Congratulations to the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored-- very honored--and humbled to be in the company of other very, very fine bloggers. I know these people and know what great blogs they write, and more importantly, what the offer to the community. To even be in the same listing as the Ninja Man is truly encouraging. Thanks for all who thought of me. And thank you, Misha, for hosting such a wonderful way to support and encourage other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the winners! What a wonderful group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Congrats to the winners! They are all fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for second!!!
    Thank you for appreciating my amazing ability to write terribly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winners! They're all really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well, here I am waking from a beauty sleep and find I got a prize as well as my internet back. What a wonderful Valentine gift, :D Thank you and congratulations to the other winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all the winners! Thanks for running this fun awards event.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Misha! What a nice surprise for Valentine's Day. :) Congratulations to the other winners.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I echo Julie.... thanks for doing this for the community, Misha.

    YOU are most certainly paying it forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to all the winners... Misha, I am going to try to WMC this month - I hate kicking myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great way to introduce people to some great bloggers. Thanks! Now I have to go follow some new blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to all the winners. They all deserved to win.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for the winners. From what I see, they deserve it! Good job. I'm going to have to go read some of those "bad" entries, too. The ones I saw were hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way! Thank you, Misha, and everyone who voted! Much humbled and appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know all these people. All deserving of such an award!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to all the winners!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay to the winners! I can offer a prize, Misha. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Excellent choices for the winners!! Congrats to all of them. This was such a fun contest, thanks for hosting and can't wait to enter next month's challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many congratulations to the winners!! It's always great to see wonderful people being recognized.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to all the winners! Each one was very deserving. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to read what you think.

Feel free to ignore the check-box saying "Prove you're not a robot." My word verification is off, but I moderate comments to posts older than two weeks.